These easy gluten free thumbprint cookies are guilt free.
Sugar is T O X I C….and very addicting! Store bought cookies (even healthy ones) are piled high with the added sugars under different names and you might them disguised on the ingredient list labeled as:
High Fructose Corn Syrup
One of the worst types of sugar is high fructose corn syrup. Not only is it generally made from GMO corn, but it’s been shown to contribute to the development of diabetes.
. Many people have tried to simply stop eating sugar – and have failed. Um, me! That’s because the food industry wants to keep us hooked on their products so they add it to practically everything!
Then we find ourselves on a sugar roller-coaster where we want it even more and don’t know how to put the brakes on. But there IS a way to stop this binging cycle, and I will help you. Thankfully there are many alternatives that exist!
🍪Learn more about the effects and hidden names of sugar in my free guide to Kick the Sugar Cravings here!
These Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies are guilt free are made with almond flour instead of white flour. Made with homemade berry chia jam instead of GMO sugar laden jelly and only FIVE other ingredients!
I like to cook with lemon essential oil because the health benefits are bountiful. Incorporating essential oils into your cooking does a number a wonderful things. They can help enhance the flavor, provide the body with their health benefit and are convenient and safe. This is the one I use here
You can easily make your own Berry Chia Jam to which is so versatile. I made some a couple of weeks ago to have a healthier option for adding to toast for breakfast and putting over oatmeal. So I decided to make these cookies with it.
I’ll show you how to whip up my Simple Berry Chia Jam recipe here, to make these cookies even more tasty.
Omit the berry jam and have yourself the most perfect sugar cookie!
Gluten Free Berry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar monk fruit sugar (equal parts)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Mixed Berry Chia Jam
- 1 cup organic frozen/fresh berries of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 drop lemon essential oil or 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup based on preference
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- To make the chia jam follow the instructions on my recipe noted in the description above.
- For the cookies: whisk together the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour and salt then slowly pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the dough out with a spoon or scoop in 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Make a thumbprint in the center of each ball and press down gently (about 1/2 in thick)
- Fill the indent with 1 tsp of chia jam.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Let cool