My favorite holiday drink has always been a Chai Latte over a Hot chocolate! If you have been looking for a healthy for you alternative this is it! So simple and you use goods in your pantry that you’ll already have on hand.
My tea usually is loose leaf tea. I find the taste is richer and it’s fairly budget friendly buying in bulk. If I did have to choose an organic black tea bag, I like Numi teas.
Add a drop of Doterra Cinnamon or Peppermint Essential Oil to add an extra holiday (and immune supporting) boost.
This dairy free chai latte pairs perfectly in the winter time with my Classic Easy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Although I used coconut milk, you can alternatively use any other type of milk of your choice. Hemp milk works here or even Cashew, Oat or Hazelnut milk have a rich and creamy flavor.
PRO TIP- froth the milk after adding to the cup of brewed tea!
Dairy Free Chai Latte
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 organic black tea bags
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or lakanto sugar free syrup
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 drop doterra cinnamon essential oil linked above
- In a medium pot whisk together water, maple syrup ground cloves, ginger and cinnamon over high heat and bring to a boil. Then add the tea bags and remove from heat. Let steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard. Stir in the milk then pour into 4 mugs. Stir occasionally to keep spices from sticking to the bottom of the mug.