Cilantro Chicken with Avocado Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs organic chicken breast
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro or 1 drop doterra cilantro essential oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 organic tomato
- In a blender, puree cilantro, oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt until smooth. Add chicken to the baking pan and pour mixture over chicken, tossing to coat. Reserve 1/3 cup of mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Uncover chicken and drain off any excess liquid. Place chicken in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, dice avocados and avocados and place in bowl. Add reserved cilantro mixture and toss to coat. Drizzle any remaining sauce over cooked chicken. Enjoy!