Gut Healing Vegetable Medley Soup
- 2 medium beets and beet greens chopped
- 4 medium organic carrots chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 oz crimini mushrooms chopped
- 4 cups organic kale chopped
- 1 cup organic cabbage chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 cups organic vegetable or bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your vegetables and chop into bite sized pieces. Add to the stock pot.
- Next add turmeric, cinnamon, broth and water. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and reduce heat to a simmer for another 30-45 minutes until tender.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and season with salt and pepper.