Perfect for a healthy game day or any party appetizer!
This vegan 7 layer dip is inspired by Food Babe’s recipe. I like to use pinto beans instead of black beans they are creamier and give me more of the conventional healthy vegan layer dip feel.
What you will need
- Square sided bowl or 8×8 glass dish
- Cooked black beans (or 2 BPA free cans)
- Chili powder
- Romaine lettuce
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Hummus (homemade or organic store-bought)
- Goat cheese
- Black olives
- sea salt and pepper
- Organic Tortilla chips, Crackers or Veggies
Healthy Vegan 7 Layer Dip
- 2 cans organic black beans or pinto or 3 cups
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup organic kale chopped
- 2 cups organic romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 avocados
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 16 oz organic hummus
- 32 oz organic salsa
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbled or shredded
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup scallions
- salt and pepper
- Place the beans in a bowl and add the cumin, chili powder and a few shakes of salt and pepper. With a masher or the back of a spoon slightly mash some of the black beans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the kale, romaine, oil and garlic and massage the kale mix until it starts to soften. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the avocado and mash with the back of a spoon. Add the tomato, onion, lime juice, cilantro and cayenne pepper. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble the dip, take a medium size bowl (try to find one with straight sides) or an 8×8 baking dish and spread the beans on the bottom. Top with the kale mix and then the guacamole.
- Next, carefully spread the hummus on top, followed by the salsa. Sprinkle the goat cheese, olives and scallions over the salsa. Serve with organic corn chips, crackers or veggie sticks. Enjoy!
Serve with organic corn chips, crackers or veggie sticks. Enjoy!