Low carb gluten free breakfast pockets dairy free and filled with egg, ham and greens!
Gluten Free Breakfast Pockets
Servings: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded dairy free cheese viola life
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 4 oz uncured ham chopped
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut out 2 10-inch pieces of parchment paper
- Prepare the dough by adding all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In separate bowl, add eggs and whisk, then add remaining wet ingredients.
- Prepare the filling and whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper. Remove 1/4 of mixture and set aside in a small bowl for egg wash.
- In medium pan dd onion and saute for 2 minutes, then stir in spinach and ham. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining egg mixture to pan and scramble. Then stir into spinach mixture.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Place 1 piece of dough between 2 pieces of parchment. Roll out into 7 inch circle. Gently peel off top sheet of parchment and press any cracks back together with fingers as you go around.
- Place 1/4 of filling on on 1/2 of the circle and use the parchment to fold the dough over to create a half moon. Gently peel back the parchment and use your fingers or a fork to seal the edges of the half circle.
- Seal the cracks that form with moist hands. Using parchment that is still underneath, transfer pocket to baking sheet and slide off parchment square. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Brush the pockets with the egg wash and spinrkle poppy and sesame seeds on top. Bake for 18 minutes until golden.
**For prep ahead, freeze in sealed bag . When ready to eat, thaw and reheat