Cajun Chicken Rice Bowls
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning I like Trader Joe's brand!
- 2 medium organic bell peppers finely chopped
- 1 lb organic chicken breast
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 cups organic brown rice
- Chop the vegetables and set aside in divided piles.
- In a medium pot heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery and peppers. Add cajun seasoning and cook for 7 minutes; stirring often.
- While the veggies cook, cube the chicken by cutting into 1/2 inch chunks.
- At garlic and tomato paste to the pot and cook for 1 min; stirring often.
- Add the chicken, diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup water to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 min. You want to make sure chicken is tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile cook the rice according to package directions.
- To serve, divide rice up into 4 bowls and top with the chicken mixture. Optional to serve with veggies of choice my favorite is broccoli. Enjoy!