These bunless burger skewers are the cutest and make the perfect appetizer for any BBQ. I promise you ou won't even miss the bun. Top these mini burgers with a mini slice of cheese (or plant- based), onion, tomato and lettuce, so easy. Another meal ready in just under 20 minutes!
Low Carb Burger Skewers
- 1 lb grass fed beef
- 1/2 cup chickpea breadcrumbs
- 1 egg* (cage free, free range, organic is best)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp organic yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 slices organic cheddar cheese (cut in quarters (or plant based*) )
- 4 leaves organic iceberg lettuce (cut into 1 inch pieces )
- 1 small onion (cut into 1 inch pieces )
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes
In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, worcestershire, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined and form into bite size meatballs
In a large skillet, heat oil in medium heat and cook meatballs about 6 minutes per side.
Add a piece of cheese to the top of each meatball and let melt for 1 minute
To a skewer add the meatball, then piece of onion, lettuce and top with tomato slice. Serve displayed on a dish.
*For vegan or plant-based options, you can opt for plant based cheese or a flax egg. See post for instructions
If you want to go for a plant based or vegan option, I like to use Good Planet Foods Cheese particularity because it is Non-GMO and there are no natural flavors in the ingredient list. YES!