Craving a salty snack? Looking for a classic dip recipe that contains no dairy, but still tastes just as yummy?
Then you should try this irresistible vegan pesto that will tap into your salty craving right away!
There are many causes of strong cravings for particular foods or flavors that can make navigating them seem tricky. Gaining a deeper understanding of how cravings work allows you to mindfully respond to your own specific cravings.
Navigating cravings with mindfulness means:
- Acknowledging cravings as they arise
- Exploring the origin of cravings with nonjudgmental curiosity
Whether you choose to move forward with fulfilling a particular food craving or explore another option to nourish yourself, the point is to make educated, empowered decisions that work for you.
Having cravings isn’t a bad thing. In fact, they are sometimes a good indication that you’re not getting the nourishment you’re seeking, which may not have anything to do with food!
So try out this irresistible pesto suited for all parties and vegans alike. Made with NO dairy, gluten or soy, just all of nature's favorites.
Handy Kitchen Gadgets Used:
How to Make the Pesto:
- Add to your food processor, basil, salt, garlic, hemp seeds, pine nuts, lemon, lemon zest, nutritional yeast flakes and puree until smooth.
- Stream in the oil until just creamy and voila that's literally it!
- I like to freeze my pesto in these cute silicone trays to save for using whenever I need a quick dip or weeknight dinner whipped up. You can store in refrigerator to use fresh as well.
Irresistible Vegan Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Add all the ingredients into the food processor, except the oil and pulse until combined.
Then stream in the olive oil until batter is smooth and creamy consistency.