Enchilada- Inspired Breakfast Wrap
- 14 oz firm tofu (you can substitute scrambled eggs here!)
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup organic chunky salsa
- 2 medium organic potatoes (cubed in bite size pieces)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- cilantro (chopped)
- 8 large sprouted grain tortillas*
Boil potatoes in water until soft (this is to speed up the cooking process. You can omit and use skillet if desired and skip to step 2.
Meanwhile, drain the tofu and pat dry.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and transfer potatoes to skillet with onions and garlic and seasonings of choice and cook until potatoes are crispy.
Add the tofu to the potato mixture and mash tofu with a potato masher. until it resembles a scrambled egg texture. Remove from heat.
In a food processor, blend enchilada sauce, cashews, salsa, salt and nutritional yeast until smooth.
Add the mixture from the blender and lime juice to the heated tofu and potatoes and cook in skillet for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, blend enchilada sauce, cashews, salsa, salt and nutrition yeast until smooth.
7. Assemble burritos and top with chopped cilantro.
8. Serve hot or freeze for later use! After being frozen ,to heat place in toaster oven or conventional oven for best results!
These wraps are great to cook once and freeze for the rest of the week. The enchilada sauce provides a savory flavor combined with the cashews delivers the creamiest blend that makes this wrap.