"Your skin is glowing, what do you do" - this is something I've been getting asked often within the last 3 years. 🙈 It's kind of embarrassing actually. Let me tell you my skin was farrrrr from 'normal'. Tons of imperfections, breakouts, uneven...ugh such a mess. It was a long time coming, and even today I still have to work at it every. single. day.
But did you know the health of your GUT has everything to do with your SKIN?
It's kind of like a reflection of your actually health. Suuuper cool. So let me tell you, beauty comes from WITHIN.
Don't get me wrong the products we use on our skin and body are SUPER important and should be just as clean as the food we eat. And now I know better. If your not ready to ditch the toxins and switch up your skin care just yet - your diet is a great place to start. So here is my go to, to start the morning or afternoon pick me up.
This glowing green smoothie recipe is actually a really great outline to concoct the perfect smoothie. Definitely save this for your next date with your blender. Here are a couple of other great smoothie options to! Blueberry Oat Smoothie or Chai Coconut Smoothie
✨What I used in my Glowing Green Smoothie
- Unsweetened almond, oat, coconut, rice milk or coconut water
- Organic greens - Kale or Spinach, steamed Zucchini, Cucumber ( I like to do half salad greens half steamed zucchini/cuke).
- Organic fruit - Berries, banana, pineapple, green apple or mango
- Healthy fat - 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds, 1/2 avocado, 1 tbsp nut butter (no peanut), doTERRA Fiber powder
- Spice/Flavor enhancers - 1-2 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil, doTERRA cinnamon essential oil or doTERRA ginger essential oil
- 1 Scoop of plant protein powder; I use Truvani Vanilla protein or doTERRA Protein
- Boost it up with organic Superfood Powders - Spirulina, Chlorella, Ashwagandha or Maca, Truvani Collagen are great options!
- Give it a whirl for a couple weeks and let me know how it goes. Tag me @rerooturhealth on instagram!
Glowing Green Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cup base (unsweetened almond, oat, coconut, rice milk or coconut water)
- 1 cup organic fruit (Berries, banana, green apple, pineapple or mango)
- 1-2 healthy fats (1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds,1/2 avocado, 1 tbsp nut butter (anything but peanut); @doterra Fiber powder works wonderful here)
- 1-2 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil, cinnamon or ginger essential oil
- 1 scoop plant protein powder (Truvani Vanilla protein or doTERRA Plant Based Protein )
- 1 tbsp superfood powders ( Spirulina, Chlorella, Ashwagandha or Maca, Truvani Collagen )
Add all the ingredients to a blender and enjoy.
Consume with 12-24 hours!