Gluten Free Lemon Chia Donuts
Servings: 6 donuts
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unrefined coconut oil refined
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen powder optional
- 6 organic strawberries chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup crushed freeze dried strawberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 6 count silicone donut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Add remaining donut ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe batter into donut pan. Bake until light in color and donuts spring when pressed, about 20 minutes. Let donuts cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then carefully remove from the mold and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In a small saucepan add strawberries, oil and honey. Heat on medium for 3 minutes until strawberries start to break down. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Spread on top of each donuts and garnish with freeze dried berries. Set aside to cool to room temperature.