Coconut Crepes with Dairy Free Whipped Cream
Servings: 10 crepes
- 1 12 oz bag frozen organic raspberries thawed
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- sea salt
Crepes and Cream 3
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream
- 1 tsp raw honey optional
- In a medium sauce pan on medium low heat, add raspberries, vinegar and salt. Cook, stirring and mashing occasionally until berries have broken down and mixture becomes juicy. Reduce heat to low and stir in chia seeds. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in honey. Cover and store in refrigerator before using.
- To a blender, add eggs, milk, flour, arrowroot, oil and salt and blend until smooth. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- In a small skillet on medium low heat, add oil and 3 tbsp batter into pan and quickly swirl to spread batter. Cook 1-2 minutes until firm on bottom and just turning light golden. Carefully flip and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate, cover with a towel. Repeat with remaining batter, making 10 crepes total.*
- Chill a medium bowl. Add vanilla extract, coconut cream and honey. With a hand held electric mixer on medium high, beat cream until smooth and soft peaks form. Serve crepes topped with whipped cream and jam.
- Tip: crepes can be made ahead and kept covered in the fridge up to 1 day.