Easy one pot tortellini soup with ham, peas and carrots. Great for a quick weeknight meal when you need a dinner in a flash.
Tortellini Soup with Ham and Peas
Servings: 4 servings
- large pot or dutch oven
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pkg frozen almond milk tortellini
- 1/2 (16oz) bag frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 1 uncured ham steak cubed
- 1/2 bag frozen peas thawed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes sub Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat the broth, water and thyme to a boil on high heat.
- To pot, add tortellini, carrots, ham and peas. Cover pot and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered 3-5 mins until tortellini start to float and are cooked through. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with nutritional yeast flakes.