Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
Servings: 8 servings
- Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot
- 13×9 baking dish
- 1 1/2 lbs organic boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups goat cheese or vegan shredded cheddar
- 16 small almond flour tortillas
- To make chicken filling – add chicken to bottom of crock pot and add salsa, garlic, onions and seasoning. Stir it up, cover and set to high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
- When chicken is done, shred using two forks.
- Assemble enchiladas by preheating the oven to 350F. Coat the bottom of two 9×13 inch baking pans with a thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Place one tortillas at a time on the prepared, spreading 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce evenly over top 5 of each, adding 1/4 cup pilled chicken and rolling it up, seam side down.
- Repeat this process with remaining tortillas and chicken filling.
- Once enchiladas are assembled and in pan, spread remaining enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven for 15 minutes.