This is one of my favorite dishes to prep ahead to make for a balanced weeknight meal for any time of year.
The way I prep this ahead of time is I make the meatballs and prepare the rice before hand. I also store them in the refrigerator in separate containers.
Then on the evening of cooking, I add the meatballs with sauce to a saucepan and heat on low setting. Then I transfer rice to another pan to heat on low setting.
Food staples I used
- Full fat coconut milk (this will give you creaminess and a great source of healthy fat to keep you fuller longer)
- 1 lb organic ground turkey ( organic or pasture raised poultry is best )
- Frozen cauliflower rice from Costco (cost effective and super easy to prepare)
- Coconut aminos instead of soy sauce ( too many preservatives and junk in regular soy sauce – plus who needs all that estrogen hehe )
Ginger Turkey Meatballs with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp peeled and minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350F. To a large mixing bowl, add all meatball ingredients except sesame seeds and use your hands to combine. Form 1 tbsp portions into meatballs, making about 30 in total. Place on a large rimmed parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cauli rice. To a large saute pan, add riced cauliflower, coconut milk, bell pepper, lime zest and juice. Cook 8 minutes or until cauliflower is al dente.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, rice vinegar, tomato paste, oil, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes. Place in a small saucepan on medium and cook until mixture starts to bubble.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together arrowroot and water then add to saucepan. Stir to combine and until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Transfer meatballs to a serving bowl and stir in sauce. Serve with cauliflower rice and garnish with cilantro.