Low Sugar Apple Butter
- 3 lbs (12) organic apples peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar optional
Crock Pot/Slow Cooker
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook, covered for 8 hours
- Remove the lid and use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Cook for another 2 hours with the lid slighting ajar or until the desired consistency is reached. Stir occasionally.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid with the steam vent in sealed position. Press manual and set on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Allow the IP to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes then do a quick release.
- Using an immersion blender, combine until full smooth. Option to use a slotted spoon to ladle the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to do this in bathces.
- Pour apple butter in a glass mason jar or airtight container. Store in fridge for 3 days and serve chilled.