Take a southern style and turn it into a clean eating breakfast favorite. I enjoy making my own simple gluten free biscuits for this recipe, which freeze nice but any other biscuit could do here to. Be sure to read the ingredient label so your not consuming too many ingredients.
Dairy Free + Dairy Free Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour (make sure its 1:1 per cup and includes xanthan gum)
- 2 cups unsweetened plain non dairy milk
- cracked pepper and salt
- Prepare biscuits and cook in oven.
- Add pork sausage to a large heated cast iron or stainless steel pan. While the sausage is browning, make roux by melting butter in small saucepan. Stir in flour and mix well – cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the roux to the browned sausage/drippings (do not drain the sausage grease!) then mix in freshly cracked pepper.
- Slowly add in the milk, stirring the entire time until it begins to thicken. Scrape any browned bits off the bottom of pan. Add more milk to thin, as needed.
- When desired thickness is reached, add little salt and pepper.
- Spoon a large scoop over your biscuits and serve with scrambled egg and avocado.