Hands down the easiest way to cook an entire chicken and requires minimal effort except that of your Instant Pot. That is my kind of meal 😉
When I make my Instant Pot Whole Chicken, I save the carcus and bones to make my simple Instant Pot Bone Broth right after. If you don’t have the time, pop the carcus and bones in the freezer to make the bone broth at a later time.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot trivet
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 1 cup filtered water
- seasonings of choice
- First season your bird with desired seasonings
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot then add water.
- Place your bird on the trivet
- Put the lid on and lock it then set valve to seal.
- Set to pressure cook and press the Meat/Poultry button and cook for 35 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release. Save the carcus and bones in freezer for bone broth.