Cauliflower Coconut Stew
Servings: 4 servings
- Stock pot or dutch oven
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes or 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas drained
- 1 head organic cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 jalapeno chopped (optional)
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tbsp cilantro (2 tbsp fresh cilantro)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In medium pot, heat coconut oil over medium. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes then add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combine. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir every few minutes to keep from burning.
- When done cooking, transfer soup into 4 serving bowls and top with avocado slices. Enjoy! If prepping ahead, let cool and store in airtight glass containers in the fridge.