I love anything pudding related and this rice pudding recipe is light and fluffy and has the perfect amount of natural sweetness. The rice pudding you buy pre-made is loaded with sugar, weird stabilizers that upset our digestive health and DAIRY. Now this recipe can be swapped out for organic milk instead of oat milk, but use your best judgement here.
What you will need
- Coconut sweetened condensed milk
- Unsweetened Oat Milk
- Organic Brown Rice
- Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
Dairy Free Rice Pudding
- 1 7 oz can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened oat milk any other milk substitute works here
- 2 cups organic brown rice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Cook the rice according to packaged directions. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To a saucepan, add milk and sweetened condensed milk and stir combined.
- Add rice to milk mixture and stir. Add cinnamon and heat to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with cinnamon on top.