Don’t let the word VEGAN throw you off. This is Nacho REGULAR Cheese sauce and can be used over pasta as a mac and cheese. Add some steamed broccoli and make a broccolic ‘cheddar’ soup! I also love to be able to use this as a sauce in wraps, over chicken or french fries and even as a dip!
Vegan Nacho Cheez
- 2 cups organic russet potatoes peeled and chunked
- 2 cup organic carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion (2 cups) chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot saute onion, paprika and garlic with a bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and 2 cups of water and simmer until vegeatbles are soft.
- Add everything to a Vitamix until the sauce is creamy.
- Add pepper and salt to taste!