It took me a while to find something that actually worked. I didn’t want to smell toilet bowl cleaner full of chemicals any longer and god forbid my little one put her hands in the toilet bowl and we had to run to the ER. No thank you!
So these are super easy PREP AHEAD toilet bowl pods. Why prep ahead? Well they can be stored and kept in an airtight container for when you are ready to use them. Its much easier than taking out your 4 ingredients and going through the process.
The go to essential oil I used was doterra Purify essential oil and is a real effective cleaner throughout a home. This is a magical cleansing blend for eliminating odors and purify the air in a natural, safe way. It is made up of Lemon Peel, Siberian Fir Needle, Citronella Grass, Lime Peel, Tea Tree Leaf, Cilantro Herb essential oils.
Watch my video on how I do it below!
DIY Non Toxic Toilet Bowl Pods
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 1/2 tbsp castile soap
- 10-15 drops doTERRA Purify oil
- Stir all the ingredients together until well combined and resembles wet sand.
- Pack the pod mixture into a mold and let it dry for at least 4 hours.
- Remove pods and store in container with lid.
- Once ready to use drop a pod into the toilet wait until it search to bubble in fizzle and then scrub!