For all my gluten and dairy free peeps, this irresistible creamy vegan tahini pasta is everything you ever wanted. I used chickpeas pasta for this recipe both times I made it and it tasted great. You can conveniently switch it up with any type of legume penne, rotini or bowtie that you have in your pantry.
Nutritional yeast is probably my favorite pantry staple since I first found out about it in health coaching school. It is a yummy and nutritious alternative to cheese and provides a nice nutty “cheezy” flavor to any dish.
For the coconut milk, be sure to use canned full fat coconut milk. The fat will help the dish get that nice creamy consistency that you want in this creamy vegan pasta dish!
Creamy Vegan Tahini Pasta
- 2 cups chickpea pasta cooked
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 can coconut milk with fat
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup organic green peas
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese optional
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. Meanwhile, sauté the onion and the garlic with water or oil in a cast iron pan for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms soften.
- Add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, tahini, salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Stir everything together really well and allow to thicken slightly before. Adding the green peas and the pasta.