There is not reason to skip out on holiday traditions when you have these gluten free gingerbread cookies. They are chewy, clean, low sugar and paleo to!
I found it best to put them in the freezer after rolling out on the baking sheet so the dough holds up to make the cut outs!
Even the kids can have fun with them to peep my almost 2 year old, Ava below!
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice mix make your own linked above
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine coconut sugar, molasses, egg and coconut oil with an electric mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Add in almond flour, gingerbread spice, baking soda and salt. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silcone baking mat. Roll dough into a log with your hands and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer the cookie dough sheet to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and dip a cookie cutter in almond flour then cut out your gingerbread men. Transfer the cut cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once all the cookies are cut and transferred bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Longer for a crispier cookie
- Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes