I was so sick of paying $8 at the grocery store for a cup of “healthier” granola. Since going gluten free and eliminating processed refined sugars, I seriously could not afford to buy the gluten free no sugar granola in the store.
Do you think granola is difficult to make? Well, once the recipe is mastered, the process is super simple. This homemade #glutenfree and #lowsugar granola is a perfect staple because it can double as cereal and a handy snack.
My dad and I have been working on perfecting this granola recipe for a few weeks and it’s finally here – I do have to give him most credit here, he he!
Yummy flavor and nice chewy clusters sweetened with just the right amount of coconut sugar.
This recipe is so versatile if you just follow the framework. Allergic to nuts? Substitute the nuts for seeds or even more dried fruit – virtually whatever your heart desires.
This granola pairs perfectly over a nice bowl of cashew yogurt or in my quick and easy overnight oat recipe
The Best Homemade Gluten Free Low Sugar Granola
- 4 cups organic sprouted oats rolled oats work to
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopepd walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 4 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup dried organic blueberries
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the nuts, seeds and oats to a large bowl and set aside
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add sugar and oil and cook until melted. Stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and toss until well combined.
- Lay out granola mixture on the baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, turning twice during cooking.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.
|If you are ready to create better eating habits and learn to prep yummy meals with all those healthy ingredients that are rotting away in your fridge? I can help you! Click here to book your FREE Energy Road Map Session|