Instant Pot Chunky Beef Stew
- 2 lbs pre-cut stew meat or chuck roast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 organic celery ribs chopped
- 2 cups organic baby carrots
- 3 cups organic baby potatoes cut in halves
- 1 cup organic butternut squash cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch
- If you did not buy pre-cut beef stew meat, then cut up your beef into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop your celery, butternut squash, onions, potatoes and carrots (if needed).
- Press the saute button on our instant pot then add oil. Add your stew meat and season with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, rosemary, Italian seasoning. Let it brown for few minutes turning on all sides. Don't cook it all the way through.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Do not cook the onions all the way here either!
- Add potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and celery.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire and salt, pepper.
- Then pressure cook on high for 35 minutes. Make sure the vent is on "seal". When done cooking release steam naturally.
- If you need to make a thicker consistency, take 1/2 cup of broth and transfer to a separate bowl. Stir in 4 tbsp arrowroot starch, then add back to the stew and mix well.
Don’t worry about the leftovers – freeze the rest for another easy weeknight dinner night,