Lemon Coconut Macaroon Loaf
A perfect blend of lemon and coconut flavor to bring you a taste of summer in each bite
Servings: 6 slices
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cage free organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup monk fruit maple syrup or pure maple syrup (I do half of each to!)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl combine all your dry ingredients
- Then add in the wet ingredients (except the coconut flakes and lemon zes) and mix with a hand mixer under blended
- Next, using a rubber spatula stir in the zest and 1/3 cup of the coconut flakes.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Make this a double batch and freeze the rest of the loaves in an glass container