Not sure what do to with your leftover grains? This recipe is a perfect use for your leftover quinoa or brown rice to make a breakfast porridge.
This porridge has a similar consistency to oatmeal! You can top off this superfood breakfast porridge with your favorite fruit and pure maple syrup or sweetener..This superfood porridge that will double as a snack or breakfast option to!
- 1 cup hemp milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked, plan quinoa or brown rice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (optional) or other sweetener
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fruit
- pinch of salt
- Add the quiona or rice, milk and salt to a small saucepan.
- Cook on stove on low for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently
- When done heating through, transfer to a serving bowl and add fresh fruit or your favorite toppings.