This was a recipe inspired by Clean Eating Magazine, but I chose to share it because it immediately became one of my top go-to’s for dairy free Alfredo sauce options.
This pairs well with mushrooms, broccoli and garlic over penne pasta. And better yet, its the easiest plant based swap!
Cannelini Bean Alfredo Sauce
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested, juiced
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a medium sauce pan over medium heat and whisk slowly until heated through. Add water or stock if needed to thin.
- Add in your favorite pasta or veggie
For Prep Ahead
- No need to heat the sauce on the stove. Just blend all ingredients in the blender and place sauce in a mason jar or glass storage container and refrigerate.