These little flavor rolls are packed with protein and fiber. This is just like your seasonal stuffed cabbage but in personal sized rolls wrapped in a cabbage leave!
Lentil Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Servings: 10 rolls
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 large head organic cabbage
- 1 26 oz jar organic tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp organic tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Rinse and sort lentils and cook lentils according to package directions. Cook brown rice according to directions.
- Cut out the stem from the bottom of the cabbage head. In a pot, add water and salt and boil for 5 minutes until the outer leaves start to pull away from the head. Use tongs to remove the outer leaves (approx. 10 leaves)
- Add the oil to the pan and saute the onions for about 10 minutes. Add cooked lentils, quinoa/rice, seasonings, garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Spoon the filling into each cabbage leaf (about 1/3 cup , about 1 inch of leaf on each side). Fold the sides in and then roll the bottom over. Place seam side down into the dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm!
For Prep Ahead
- Follow steps 2-5. Make sure you do not put in the oven on prep day.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Be sure to mark the cooking time on the foil!