Let’s eat for our adrenal health! For most of us worldwide, our stress levels may be impacted at this time. Chronic stress can impact all the body’s systems, most importantly our adrenals. If the adrenals aren’t able to produce the necessary hormones the result is symptoms like: fatigue, nervousness, sleep problems, depression and wacky blood sugar.
That’s why its important to incorporate certain nutrients to support your adrenals and reduce the stress load on your body! A diet that AVOIDS lots of sugar, caffeine and refined grains will help.
I actually made this salad for breakfast before because it’s THAT addicting!
◽ The base of my dressing is an avocado oil mayonnaise which is a great healthy fat and superfood. This type of fat along with nuts, seeds, eggs, and beans should be increased for more energy and to promote a more healthier and leaner body. Most traditional mayonnaise have a lot of extra salt, unnecessary fillers and soybean or other oils. Let’s keep it simple and straight to the point.
Vegetable oils like soybean, canola and corn oil are highly inflammatory and can lead to adrenal inflammation.
◽ Be aware that sugar is an additive in MOST dressings so creating your own is a perfect option.
◽ For adrenal support stick to free-range turkey or chicken for quality protein.
Avocado oil mayo
There’s nothing better than freshly chopped aromatic herbs to add to a tasty salad dressing!
For the salad
- Boil the chicken for 10 minutes. Let cool and shred with a fork.
- Meanwhile toast the chopped walnuts or pine nuts in the toaster oven for 6 minutes.
- Chop celery and grapes, add to a large salad bowl.
- Add in chicken, toasted nuts and organic lettuce leaves.
- Once the dressing has set, fold into the salad and serve!
Dilly Herb Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh parsely, chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice half organic lemon
- Add all the ingredients to a glass mason jar. Shake until well combined.
- Store in refrigerator for atleast 1 hour to give time for ingredients to mix.