Horseradish has a pungent kick and pairs perfectly with baked salmon. I mixed the horseradish with scallions, honey, oil and lemon to bring all the flavors to this horseradish cream sauce. The sauce can be prepared in advance, 1-2 days ahead of time and stored in refrigerator.
Salmon with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 3 lb salmon fillet
- 4 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 9×13 dish with oil or cooking spray.
- Zest the lemon and set aside. Slice the lemon and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish. Place the salmon over the lemon slices with the skin side down.
- Brush salmon with 2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with rosemary then add the wine or vinegar into the dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor add pistachios and green onion and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in honey, horseradish, remaining 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp water and lemon zest.
- When salmon is done cooking, spoon pistachio mixture over the salmon and serve warm.