Calling all chocolate lovers ! Are you in the mood for a decadent holiday indulgence that’s nut free, vegan, dairy-free and gluten free? Then this gluten free vegan chocolate tart is for you! You are probably wondering what this tart it made of though – I mean there’s no egg, no butter and no milk. .
This totally hit the spot after our thanksgiving feast and it was the first time I made it, ever! I’m am not much of a baker because I’m not one to hit the sweets hard and frankly I’m really not the best at baking, ha! Normally I would do a trial run before I made a new dish/dessert for a party but I had a good GUT feeling about this one and I’m glad I trusted my thoughts.
So let’s get to the goods
For the base: coconut flour, coconut oil and organic cacao make up the crust.
For the filling: Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chunks, organic cacao, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla.
It’s optional but you can always add a couple tbsp of maple syrup for touch more sweetness!
TIME SAVING TIP: This Gluten-Free Chocolate Tart is so simple and can be whipped up so quick that you can even substitute the homemade pie crust for a pre-made Arrowhead Mills Organic Graham Cracker Pie Crust and finish off this chocolate dream pie in just under 10 minutes!
Gluten Free Chocolate Tart
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can organic coconut milk with fat
- 2 cups Vegan/Organic chocolute chips
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Combine the coconut flour, cacao and salt in the food processor. Then add the coconut oil and pulse 4-5 times until dough makes crumble.
- Add maple syrup pulsing until the dough holds together.
- Press the dough into a tart pan with a removable bottom then freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake the crust for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk on medium low and remove from heat as soon as it starts to bubble. Stir in the chocolate, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir continuously.
- Pour over the crust and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours. Serve chilled