I bet you find it difficult to find snacks that are actually healthy for your babies + kids to eat…THIS IS ME!
As a first time mom it’s been so fun and experimental making all of my baby food and purees. I’ve been doing this since Ava was 6 months and ready to eat! I only use organic, non gmo whole foods. Why? Because the developing baby needs optimal nutrition and not food tainted with artificial flavors and chemicals that may alter their DNA. Our baby’s entire microbiome is dictated right at birth and develops through the years. I’d say it’s a pretty fragile thing.
If I can learn anything from my childhood, sorry dad (he knows lol) its not to follow the same pattern of processed, sugar loaded junk foods as a treat for my own kids. WHY? Because there are much better options that provide nutrition, enhanced immunity and still are just as fun and tasty!!
I’m sayin’, these Homemade Mini ABC Muffins are so simple and have 3 real ingredients : Apple, Banana, Carrot (ABC) and a special touch of my favorite dOTERRA lemon essential oil 🍋
dOTERRA is by far the only essential oil I will use on my baby (and myself). You can look up the third party quality control test results of each of your bottles right on their site. So so cool!! If you know me, you know I don’t prefer the “unknown” when shopping for skin and home care products. There are many essential oils on the market that are heavily contaminated or adulterated with synthetic chemicals. If you’re buying essential oils, you want something that is completely natural, clean and safe. You definitely want to make sure you don’t buy something you think is natural but is actually synthetic!
I’m all about pure pure pure and the Lemon EO gives these muffins a nice immune boosting property for baby to! This oil is actually made from the lemon rind (or peel) of a lemon. it provides a nice uplifting flavor!
Pure essential oils will allow you to reap the full benefits that nature has to offer, and you can be confident knowing that they are safe to use with your family, babies and pets too!
Now back to the baby muffins. These muffins are soft and spongy for babies making the perfect finger food for under 1 year olds! Hands down these are my 11 month old baby Ava’s fav!
I added in the essential oil as the final step. I also opted for an immersion blender for easier clean up when pureeing the ABC. If you put everything in a blender of Vitamix, you will get the same results!
There is NO added sugar in these baby muffins treats. The sweetness from the fruit and the subtle aromatic flavor from the lemon EO is just enough. Oh and the remains, well these are freezer friendly, to! Note, they will last in the fridge or sealed glass container for up to 3 days only. That’s because there are no preservatives or junk to keep them from molding quickly.
As they say “let kids be kids”…so I say let kids find out what “real” food can do 🙌
Mini ABC Baby Muffins
- 1 organic apple sliced
- 1 banana
- 1 large carrot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp organic, cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 drops dOTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend or organic flour, no bleached white!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add a small amount of water to a steamer pot.
- Peel and grate the carrot. Core and slice the apple and place apple and carrot in a steamer pot for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add banana to a medium bowl and mash. Add eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Next add steamed carrot and apple to a blender (you can use an immersion stick blender here to) and puree.
- Add the puree and 2 essential oil drops to the banana mixture and blend with a handheld mixer. Then add dry ingredients and beat until mixed.
- Divide up the mixture in 24 mini muffin silicone baking tray and place in oven for 15 minutes.