This hearty pumpkin chili recipe is one of my favorite healthy fall soups! Its a simple one pot recipe and during the fall weather I love to use this as a meal prep for a quick 15 min dinner prep. It’s so simple that you can just throw all the ingredients right in your InstaPot and have it ready just in time for the family to come home for dinner.
The creaminess of pumpkin along with the little spice from the cumin and chili powder bring all the flavors together. Even better, this soup is gluten free and dairy free. It can be made vegetarian style , meatless or with extra protein by adding some ground meat!
What about the health benefits of pumpkin? Pumpkin is rich in fiber and the bright orange color of pumpkin includes beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body.
Right around the beginning of fall is often the start of cold and flu season so this pumpkin chili will help guard against sickness with a large serving of pumpkin that contain high levels of vitamin c.
I’m telling you this is just a perfectly healthy fall meal.
Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- In a large pot add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook for 3 minutes then add minced garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock, black beans and garbanzo beans. Add cumin and chili powder and stir everything together and season with salt and pepper. Taste your chili, season some more with salt and pepper if needed. Bring to boil, make sure to stir all ingredients well together to combine flavors and spices. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes on simmer.
- Serve hot.