Check out this creamy dairy-free cauliflower based recipe, it will “gnoc” you out of your chair! Because you can’t make a meal these days without cauliflower. Am I right?! This is a healthy twist on an Italian favorite.
When I first discovered this Cauliflower Gnocchi (NYOK-kee) from Trader Joe’s my life has not been the same…but only better!
I am ALL for transparent ingredients on food labels and eating whole real foods more often. So take a look at the ingredients list. According to Trader Joe’s, it’s made with about 75% CAULIFLOWER, CASSAVA FLOUR, POTATO STARCH, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SEA SALT.
Wheat free, sugar free, dairy free and egg free which also means LESS carbs & calories than potato-based varieties. Only $2.79 for a 12 oz bag. If you find this somewhere else just be sure to check the ingredients for added fillers and GMO ingredients. Check out my post talking about how to know What’s in our Food and Ingredients to Avoid (like hidden GMO’s).
The secret to this bake I’m going to spoil you with right now….I prepped this dish ahead of time so all I had to do was bake in the oven the night of. FIRST I air-fried these bad boys on 400 F for about 7 minutes. Then I mixed in with the sauce and rest of the ingredients.
WHY? Because it makes for a less soggy version and keeps them a bit crispy on the outside while creamy on the inside.
For the creamy base I used a plant-based yogurt, Forager Organic Cashew yogurt since this is a dairy-free dish. This is one of my favs’s! Other alternative options for the base of the sauce I suggest are Organic & Grass-fed options like Maple Hill. Just make sure you get an unsweetened plain yogurt here!
The rest is easy. Slice up the green onions, chop up some spinach and steam it until wilted. Then chop some dill, salt and pep and combine it all in a bowl then fold in the gnocchi. This is so simple to food prep I promise.
So don’t “gnoc ” it until you try it! This is the perfect cauliflower based recipe.
Cauliflower Gnocchi Bake
- 1 12 oz bag Cauliflower Gnocchi Trader Joe's, frozen
- 1 bunch green onion sliced
- 1 cup organic unsweetened plain dairy-free yogurt I used Forager Cashew Yogurt
- 1 bunch organic spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp dill chopped (1 tbsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Preheat kitchen oven to 375 F.
- Set air fryer to 400 arrange gnocchi
on a tray and bake for 7 minutes until outside slightly crispy.
- Bring a steamer pot of water to a
- Chop spinach and add to the steamer pot. Then chop onions and dill and add to a bowl.
- Add yogurt to the bowl and stir to combine onions and dill. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Add spinach.
- When gnocchi are ready, fold in to sauce and arrange on a 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.