These can be the center of the main course , the life of the side dish or anything else in between. Heavenly and creamy loaded sweet potatoes with a mexican flare!
This one is a classic for all dietary preferences and was created as gluten free, dairy free and REBOOT Cleanse friendly. If you want to keep it real CHEESY (with dairy) make sure to opt for organic, grass fed cheddar shreds. When I do buy shreds for making dishes for parties or specific dinners, I choose this one.
Baked Sweet Tater Skins
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup organic black beans no salt
- 1 cup dairy free cheddar shreds* dairy free while on cleanse otherwise organic cheese shreds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash each sweet potato then rub the sweet potato skin with coconut oil,.
- Put in the oven on bake for 55-60 minutes until tender with fork.
- While potatoes cook, make guacamole by mashing avocado in a medium bowl, adding tomato, onion, jalepeno, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and cut in half lengthwise and let cool. Scoop out 1/4 -1/2 of the sweet potato filling and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the beans and cheese to potato shells and put back in the oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and top with remaining sweet potato and a scoop of guacamole
Here you can either combine the guacamole and potato you scooped out separately in a bowl to make a mixture. Then fill the shells with this mixture or you can just use scoop each filling into the shells separately with beans and guac and use the remaining sweet potato to add
When I first learned about dairy and how when in excess, can lead to inflammation in the body, and for me was a root cause to acne related issues and hormone disruption, I discovered Daiya (a plant based dairy alternative) It’s my favorite go-to for shredded cheese.
Here we have it, now time to top off with with these loaded sweet taters with some dairy free CHEEZY shreds that have a bit of a different flavor but melts JUST like cheese does. I’ve been using these shreds for about three years now and I’ve definitely became accustomed to the difference and I’m totally okay with it. It makes cooking dairy-free a breeze!