True life year 2019 was zucchini overkill, our garden yielded sooo many zukes! We started selling some, giving a few away and consuming zucchini in ways I didn’t even know would be so delicious. I literally ran out of recipe idea and these fritters were one of my last creations!
To bad I hadn’t come up with these cute little garden cakes sooner. It was a perfect switch up and aside from the looks you could barely taste zucchini! The onions add a nice savory taste. Perfect option for all times of day: breakfast, lunch, snack or even a dinner side.
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 large zucchini grated and drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put the grated zucchini on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a cheese cloth and squeeze as much water out as you can.
- Next add the ingredients and zucchini to a bowl and mix together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop scoopfuls a inch or two apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip the fritters over and back for another 10 minutes on the other side.