You will totally think you are eating scrambled eggs in this wrap because you can’t even tell the difference!
TIP: Try to opt for a wrap that has the fewest ingredients and no added sugars or additives. I used Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas , sprouted grains are more easily digestible. My suggestion for Gluten Free Wraps is Food For Life Brown Rice Tortillas. I interchange these two wraps alot !
Rise + Shine Tofu Wrap
- Cast iron skillet or stainless steel frying pan
- Food processor
- 14 oz organic firm tofu
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup spicy chunky salsa
- 2 medium organic potatoes cubes in bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cilantro chopped
- 8 large sprouted grain tortillas *
- Boil the potatoes in water until soft (this is to speed up the cooking process. You can omit and use skillet if desired and skit to step 2)
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and pat dry.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and transfer the potatoes to skillet with onions and garlic and seasonings of choice and cook until potatoes are crispy.
- Add the tofu to the potato mixture and mash tofu with a potato masher until it resembles a scrambled egg texture. Then remove from heat.
- In a food processor, blend enchilada sauce, cashews, salsa, salt and nutritional yeast flakes until smooth.
- Add the mixture from the blender and lime juice to the heated tofu and potatoes and cook in skillet for 10 minutes.
- Assemble burritos and top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot or freeze for later use!*