As I talked about today on my IG story, alot of people are deficient in vitamin b12. Actually being deficient in iron is common in the US too. Are you one of them? I know I was with both, and even worse when preggo!!
Well let me tell you about these secret ingredients that make up this superfood pesto: Spirulina, a great source of iron and Chlorella, a great source of active b12! Vegans especially need to supplement with B12 because its only active in red meat, eggs and fish. Supplementing with B12 is not limited to just vegans, but anyone else too! If you are B12 or Iron deficient you may experience symptoms like, fatigue, nerve damage, brain fog, low blood cell production, poor memory and hormonal imbalance, to name a few. So back to this delicous dip, these 2 superfoods are the perfect remedy for that. Oh and don’t forget about the Nutritional Yeast flakes that include B12 too!
This herbalicious veggie blend includes garlic LOTS of garlic (if you need that italian flare like me) and its perfect for dipping, adding on top of salads or power bowls or mixed with scrambled eggs or pasta…YUM!
I promise you’ll feel some kind of greatness after you have a small serving of this stuff.
SOO on that note, all the more reason why this superfood pesto is a perfect addition to your meals, so keep scrolling!
- Food processor
- 1 cup Kale
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parsely
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds hulled
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or pine nuts, sunflower seeds)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chlorella broken cell wall
- 1 tsp spirulina
- juice half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the kale, herbs, nuts, hemp seeds, garlic and yeast flakes to the food processor and blend until combined. Add the olive oil until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Then add the spirulina and lemon and blend for a few seconds then season with salt and pepper.